Sunday 31 July 2011

End of an era

Degree results...whats next?

After receiving my degree results I have decided to create a blog to keep updated with educational debates, arts and theatre updates and quotes from influential writers I have come across in during my educational journey!

After embarking on my three year BA honours Drama, Applied Theatre and Education at Central School of Speech and Drama I received a high 2:1! Very happy as it means I have a place waiting for me at Portsmouth University starting in September 2011 a PGCE in English Secondary Professional.

After a summer of holidays in Cyprus and Bulgaria, after recovering from a three year degree- dissertation, student led project, reflective practitioner... the list goes on... I have a reading list as long as my arm of key texts in preparation for my PGCE... but I cannot wait :-D BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key Quotes

In schools, the fear of ‘not getting it right’ can inhibit the imagination (Greig 2005:5)

Imagination is superior to the intellect as it enables the thinker to form new thoughts and discover new truths and build new worlds. (Craft 2002:80)

Imagination is not the same as creativity, creativity takes the process of imagination to another level (Robinson 2009: 67)

Creativity involves several different processes that wind through each other. The first is generating new ideas, imagining new possibilities, considering alternative options. (Robinson 2009:72)